Using the ISO image, you can install the gateway on VMware ESXi Server using VMware vSphere.
NoteThe ISO-based gateway deployment steps are similar to the deployment of a Linux operating system. Try similar steps in other hypervisor software. For example, Citrix Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Oracle Virtual Box.
To install the gateway as a virtual machine, download the gateway image, and then create a virtual machine.
Downloading a gateway
- Go to Setup > Downloads > Gateway.
- From the ISO image for VMware, Xen, and Hyper-V, click Download.
Gateway is downloaded on the machine.
Installing gateway as a virtual machine
Connect to the ESXi server, and select Create New Virtual Machine.
From Create New Virtual Machine, provide details for the following:
- Configuration: Select Typical.
- Name and Location: Provide a unique name for the virtual machine.
- Storage: Select a destination storage section to store the virtual machine files.
- Guest Operating System: Select Linux and the desired version. For example, Ubuntu Linux(64-bit).
- Network: Select the number of NICs to connect to the network and select Connect at Power ON.
- Create a Disk: Provide the disk size value and the unit accordingly. Also, select the data store type from the available list. Recommended size: 40 GB.
- Ready to Complete: View and verify the configuration summary of the new virtual machine.
- Select the checkbox Edit the virtual machine settings before completion and do the following:
- Click Continue.
- From the New Virtual Machine Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- From the Hardware tab, provide details for the following:
- Memory: Provide the memory size (Recommended size is 4 GB) and the corresponding unit in the Memory Configuration section.
- CPUs: Provide the number of CPUs(Recommended cores: 2 vCPUs).
- New CD/DVD: Select Data Store ISO and browse to the location where Gateway ISO is downloaded. Also, verify the other hardware details.
- Click Finish.
The ESXi server displays the new virtual machine.
To power on the machine, right-click the machine > Power > Power On. To initiate the gateway installation, hit Enter from the keyboard.