Registering the gateway infers connecting the gateway with OpsRamp console after deploying the virtual machine.
Gateway registration includes the following steps:
- Creating a management profile
- Registering the gateway
Step 1: Creating a management profile
To create a management profile:
- Go to Setup > Device Management > Management Profile.
- Click +Add.
- From Management Profile, provide details for the following:
- Client Name: Select the client for gateway registration.
- Profile Type: Select
- Profile Name: Provide a unique name.
- Description: Provide a brief description of the management profile.
- Click Submit.
Note: The activation token is automatically generated.
- Copy the API server and activation token.
Step 2: Registering the gateway
After creating the management profile, initiate gateway registration using one of the following methods:
- Gateway serial user interface
- Gateway web user interface
Registering using the serial user interface
To configure the gateway using the serial user interface:
- Log into the gateway Virtual Machine(VM) using the username and password.
For default login credentials, use the user name and password displayed in Setup > Downloads > Gateway to log into the gateway administration account.
Note: The gateway console prompts you to change the default password after the first login.
- From the left pane, click General.
- Verify that the Registration Status is
Not Registeredand the Tunnel Status is
- Go to the Network tab.
Note: Ensure IP address and network settings are properly configured.
- To configure gateway using a proxy server, use
CTRL+Pto navigate to Proxy Settings. By default, Direct connection to the Internet is selected.
- Go to the Registration tab.
- Provide an API server and activation token.
Note: Copy the API server and activation token from Management Profile.
- Click Update Now to register gateway to OpsRamp console.
ImportantThe registration process takes a few minutes to complete. After the registration process, from the OpsRamp console, go to Setup > Resources > Management Profiles to verify the gateway connection status.
Registering using the web user interface
To configure the gateway using the web user interface:
- From the web browser, enter the URL using the following syntax:
https://<enter Gateway IP address>:5480.
- From the gateway login screen, provide a default username and password.
The gateway console prompts you to change the default password after the first login.
- From the Appliance Administration Panel page, go to Administration Menu > Network.
Note: Ensure that the IP address and network settings are properly configured.
- From Network, go to Network Connection Settings to configure gateway using Proxy server. By default, Direct connection to the Internet is selected.
- From the Administration Menu > Registration , provide details for the following:
- Activation Key.
- OpsRamp Server.
Note: Copy the API server and activation token from Setup > Resources > Management Profiles.
- Click Activate.
- Verify that the Registration Status displays a Registered and Success status.